To ensure that our event is successful, participants are kindly asked to take the time to read the following rules and regulations of the competition.
- All Riders must wear a fastened helmet, appropriate shoes, clothing and have an undamaged scooter. We will enforce a strict “NO helmet NO riding” policy.
- Organizers will provide first aider / medical staff on site at all times.
- A rider is responsible for their own health and can only ride if they are fit and well.
- All riders must be aware and understand the skatepark rules and safety measures.
- A rider who feels that they are being placed in danger shall report the matter to the organizer.
- Riders are advise not to ride beyond their limit
- Riders are to complete a competition waiver release form stating that they understand the rules, code of conduct and dangers of competing.
- We will not tolerate abusive, aggressive and inappropriate behaviour from anyone during the competition
B) JUDGING CRITERIA
The criteria here applies to the National/Open Beginner, Intermediate and Pro Categories. A judge is looking to mark a maximum of 20 points based on each category giving a total score between 1 to 100.
DIFFICULTY – 20 points
- Tricks that are difficult to execute
- Technical tricks
- Difficult lines within the park
- Large gaps or high airs will help with a solid point score
DIVERSITY – 20 points
- Making sure you are pulling all different types of tricks (spins, grinds, whips, bars, flips, combos)
- Pulling diverse tricks on different types of ramp/boxes/rails will appeal to judges and help your score.
CONSISTENCY – 20 points
- A run that has been done without any feet touching by mistake or crashes.
- Tricks done but not pulled smooth will also come into account with consistency points
- Landing everything in your run to your full potential will leave you with a really solid score
STYLE – 20 points
- Making your tricks look effortless and with ease
- Landing up the top of the ramps to keep it nice and clean
- Keeping your speed throughout the park making it look as if its your local
USE OF PARK – 20 points
- Using all ramps to full potential
- Going out of your way to find gaps or rails that people will not think of to add to your originality
- Completing a trick in all sector of the park.
C) PARTICIPATION RULES
- The competition is open to male and female riders of all ages.
- The National Beginner/Intermediate Categories are for riders who are Singapore Citizen or hold a PR status.
- Riders are each provided 1 minute to complete their run for all categories.
- A rider will not be provided additional time or be able to retake their run in the case of a scooter breaking.
- Riders must all sign competition waiver.
- Riders compete at their own risk and the organizers are not responsible for any injuries sustained by rider during competition.
- All riders will wear a helmet while riding the skatepark.
- Riders competing without a helmet at any point in time of their run will be automatically disqualified for the entire competition.
- There will be no time stoppages for riders to change out their scooter parts, scooter or protective gear during their run.
- Recreational, illegal or performance enhancing drug use is strictly forbidden.
- Riders will not ride under the influence of alcohol and will not consume alcohol on the skatepark.
- Abusive behaviour, bullying or violence will not be tolerated.
- Riders will respect and listen to the competition organiser and officials.
- Riders will take care of the skatepark, equipment and facilities.
- Riders will never engage in illegal or inappropriate activity.
- Refrain from bad language.
- Riders will act with good sportsmanship.
- There will be no gambling or betting activities within the competition amongst riders, organisers, judges or members of the public.
- Riders will report dangers, problems or issues to the organiser.
- Riders will respect all others regardless of race, religious beliefs, gender or other.
- Riders registering in a category may be moved to another category base on judges and organizers understanding of the rider’s skills.
- Judges decisions are final.
D) PRODUCTS FOR COMPETITION USE
Only scooter that meets the following criteria is permitted to be used by riders during the competition.
- Only non-electrical push scooters are permitted.
- No foldable mechanism.
- No toy scooters.
- No dirt scooters or scooters with more than 2 wheels.
- Wheels are no greater than 135mm in size.
- Scooters must be in good working order.